By volume, it’s the first ingredient in beer. For that reason and many others, we value it immensely. From steam line condensate capture and recycling to implementation of a new Clean-In-Place system on brewing and fermentation tanks to our innovative Wastewater Pre-Treatment Facility, Terrapin looks to curb our consumption of this valuable resource while mitigating our impact upon it.LEARN MORE
To reduce electricity consumption on-site we’ve installed LED lighting with automated sensors in our warehouse, high efficiency on-demand boilers in the brewery and are in the process of installing a solar array on our rooftop as well as solar paneled sunshades in our parking lot. By harnessing the power of the sun’s rays, Terrapin will be Georgia’s first brewery to purchase renewable energy on site.LEARN MORE
Better soil builds better beer. From Terrapin’s own Ales For Trails, support of Southern forests through the Dogwood Alliance, promotion of local food and commitment to compost culture, we have always valued good dirt and that which grows up from it.LEARN MORE
Reduce, reuse, repurpose, recycle, upcycle…at Terrapin we do it all. By being the first craft brewery in Georgia to move from hard to recycle bottles to infinitely recyclable cans, we doubled the number of units on a truck. This saves fuel, space, time and human energy.LEARN MORE
This system mitigates the impact of the brewery waste stream on the municipality and ultimately contributes to improved quality of the local watershed.
1. Steam line condensate capture reduces overall water usage in the brewery.
2. Clean-In-Place system for brewing and fermentation tanks reduces water consumption through water reclamation
3. Terrapin has designated October “Water Awareness Month” at the brewery and will donate a portion of Taproom proceeds to Georgia River Network.
Through a partnership with Cherry Street Energy, a new solar array will be installed on the Terrapin rooftop, as well as solar-panel sunshades in the brewery’s parking lot. The installed array will offset about 30% of Terrapin’s energy consumption with a renewable resource. This addition will make Terrapin the first brewery in Georgia to purchase renewable power on site.
1. High efficiency on-demand boilers running brewhouse
2. Installation of auto-sensor LED lighting throughout warehousing facility
3. No-Idle policy throughout the Terrapin campus
Byproduct from the Waste Water Pre-Treatment Facility is composted and returned to the brewery landscape for beautification, plant health and erosion management.
1. Compostable wares and food scrap composting in employee break room
2. Ales For Trails creation and promotion to enhance outdoor experiences of the communities in Terrapin’s distribution footprint
3. Terrapin has designated March “Grateful Dirt Month” at the brewery and will host park and trail clean-ups throughout its distribution footprint.
First craft brewery in Georgia to package beer in recyclable aluminum cans
1. Installation of new beer filtration system that eliminates a significant waste stream
2. Terrapin’s cartons and case boxes are made of recycled material and are 100% recyclable
3. Pursuit of Landfill Free Facility project through NSF